If you would like to comment on this holiday shopping article, click here
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter for Spanish news in English, click here.
8 Tips to an Easy Shopping Experience By Patricia Twitchell - The Teddy Bear Lady of Myrtle Creek The holidays can be one of the most exciting times of year and at the same time, one of the most stressful. To avoid unnecessary stress you can take a few simple steps to ease through the season with joy, ease and fun.
1. If you are going to shop - pace yourself.You don't have to get everything done in one trip. Set aside a short period of time over several days rather than trying to accomplish everything in one trip. For some people, this type of shopping is favourable to doing everything in one trip.
2. There are some personality types who find it less stressful to get all their shopping done in one shopping spree. They do better to complete all shopping in one trip. It saves the need to make several trips to the stores. This is a great way to avoid the crowds often associated with the holiday season. Holiday shopping
3. Shop in smaller stores. You will avoid crowds by visiting shopping centre shops in quaint towns. Often, you will receive more personalized service due to the owner being the one to serve you.
4. Get your gifts wrapped as soon as you purchase them. This one tip can save countless hours of frustration. There are still shops that will take care of the gift wrapping at no additional cost. Even if you have to pay, the convenience alone may be worth it.
5. Write a list of people you plan to shop for. To avoid unnecessary debt put a dollar amount you are able to comfortably afford. Stay within your budget. Although a couple dollars here and there doesn't seem like much, it can quickly add up.
6. Be aware of misleading sale items. Often what may seem like a great deal really isn't. If you are buying a large ticket item, do some research before you go shopping. You can save an incredible amount of money by doing so. Holiday shopping
7. Enjoy the experience. Often people get so caught up in the pressures of the holiday season they forget to enjoy themselves. Relax in the experience. Holiday shopping
8. Remember, the holidays are all about sharing with others. It isn't about how big a gift you can give, In fact, your expression from the heart is the greatest gift you can give.
About the author:
Patricia Twitchell is the proprietor of Just Bears and Stuff, a unique shop for gift collectors located in Myrtle Creek, Oregon. Enjoy one of the best selections of Boyd's, Gund, Cottage Collectibles, Quarry Critters, Ganz and more. We can ship your gifts anywhere in the world. Get FREE gift wrapping with every purchase and receive "Beary Special Moments" a free online teddy bear facts and tips e-zine by visiting www.justbearsandstuff.com
Written by: Patricia Twitchell
If you have anything to comment about this article, any interesting additions or simply want to make yourself heard, then write ahead!
Do you have an interesting addition? Share it with us! Your comments will appear on a webpage just like this one.
To sign up to our Newsletter and receive the latest news on Spain - in English; just fill out this form to subscribe:
Visit the Expat shop now!